From Dark Omen Wiki
These rules are guides for fair and ambitious matches. It is up to you to play with these or not, of course. However, when we play tournaments we use one of these rule sets.
Basic rules or unpatched data
There is no need for any patches or anything that change your Dark Omen program in anyway when playing 3000/10 or 5000/15 matches.
- 3000/10: The basic ruleset for Dark Omen player. Geared toward balanced trade-offs between larger hosts consisting of weaker regiments or smaller with stronger units. Has proven to be balanced and allow a great variety of tactics. A good rule set for beginners.
- 5000/15: The most common battle type played today. Extended version of the 3000/10 rules. Only level 1 units. This allows for larger armies, more powerful units or more magic. Has proven to be balanced and allow a great variety of tactics. A good rule set for advanced player.
- 9000/30: Extended version of the 3000/10 rules. This allows for larger armies, more powerful units or more magic. A good rule set for large battles.
- Factions: The Armys have been divided; choose your Faction and you will choose your destiny! A good rule set for tactical battles.
Advanced rules or patched data
- DOST5: Version 5 of the original Dark Omen Standard Tournament rules played when the game was new (1998--2002). The DOST rules focuses on scenario-based racial army builds.
- Fair Omen: Jeronimo's Mod considers that the Dark part of the game is not the Omen, but the Multiplayer balance.
All rules which have to be improved and are not playable at the moment.
- 9000/30 TTS: Divides units into core, rare, unique and characters, with rules for how many of each you can include. No level restrictions. If you want to play with these units you must have installed our unit patch.
- DOST2002: The last version of DOST does not focus on scenarios but on providing a fair ladder system. The rules are relatively complicated.