From Dark Omen Wiki
- Overwrite folder “1pbat” from GameData. This folder has all maps available for Multiplayer.
- Overwrite folder “2parm” from GameData. This folder has all changes related to Regiments.
- Overwrite file “EngRel.exe” (usually in folder PRG_ENG). Execute Dark Omen through this file.
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?7507ubr1f2rpm61
Background: Problems with Dark Omen
- Regiment numbers: Few units provide short entertainment. Most ranged/infantries with 16 or 20 (poor Visual difference).
- Artillery: How many times did we have to play Defensive due to our steady artillery?
- Shield costs: Who dares to buy shields? This feature is not used because of high values, for example Zombies shield cost 600gc!
- Experience evolution: Who can afford for TOP Wights (8400gc) or TOP Orc Boar Boyz (7680gc) in a serious army?
- Item costs: Swords too expensive, Ptolos & Spelleater (which is better) at 500gc, Horn of Urgok‘s effect at only 750gc…
Fair Omen Changes
Fair Omen reorganizes Regiments/Items giving them a suitable Size/Price/Order and corrects some mistakes from programmers. Regiments have a mathematical Structure based on multiplies of 60 and were distributed forming Factions.
All Troops were resized into an Epic Scale: 1-3-6-9-12-16-20-26-32. To edit an Army you have Total Freedom: You have permission to purchase any number of a same Regiment and there aren’t limits for Experienced Regiments or Items.
Mobile Artillery: Siege machines now have 2 Movement points and “Will never rout”. They are Single units with 3 Wounds/3 Toughness. Don’t have close attack. Ballistic Skill: Imperial Cannon +1 (to 4); Orc Ballista +1 (to 4).
Initiative boost: Regiments have +2 Initiative to improve their pathfinding. Movement: Vampire -1 (to 5); Wraiths +1 (to 5).
Leadership boost: Regiments have +1 Leadership to fight longer. Exceptions: Wood Elves/Wights/Mummies (all keep L8).
Grail Knights: They replace Knights of the Realm to have more variated Cavalry. Grail Knights are “Immune to fear”.
Greenskins improvements: Orc Biguns are “Immune to fear”. Monsters become Squads -> Trolls: 3/3, Spiders: 3/3, Scorpions: 6/6.
Errors corrected from programmers: Despite descriptions, Mercenary Ogres didn’t “Cause fear” and Zombies weren’t “Immune to fear”.
Old System: In DO, next level doubles the Regiment "last price": e.g. Zombies prices are 270 (L1)/ 540 (L2)/ 2160(L4 FE). Considering gold spent, it’s quite clear that Quantity is more convenient than Quality.
New System: In FO, next levels will have a small increase depending on the Regiment performance. Also adds "shield upgrades" where Regiments with higher level also come with higher armor, always based on the Racial limits.
They are multiplies of 50 to help you spend all gold when playing with 5k/7k Limits.
|Skabskrath||300||Spelleater||350||Wrath||550||Wand of Jet||350||Horn of Urgok||3000|
|Hellfire||200||Ptolos||150||Defiance||450||Staff of Osiris||350||Potion of Strenght||200|
|Storm||200||Enchanted||50||Mork's War||300||Book of Ashur||150||Heart of Woe||100|